The Barrandi Centre16 Marcus Clarke Street, Canberra, ACT 2601
This development in the City West precinct provides predominately “A” Grade office space with efficient floor plates size, excellent natural light and a consolidated central core. Its efficient central built zone offers clear span office environments, as well as outstanding horizontal and vertical connectivity that maximise flexibility.
16 Marcus Clarke Street comprises a precast concrete-clad side core with an articulated curtain-wall office block. Using the side core as a solar screen lets the building maximise natural light and views to Lake Burley Griffin and Black Mountain. Other sustainability initiatives include natural and mixed-mode ventilation, thermal insulation, inter-floor communication stair and facilities that encourage occupants to use mixed mode transport. This combination achieved a 5 Star Greenstar design rating.
Sited on the western edge of the CBD, the building is close to both the Canberra Centre and the entertainment and dining hub of New Acton. It has easy access to a wide range of services, including childcare facilities, shops, cinemas, bars and a variety of cafes and restaurants. The building is also close to many nearby major Commonwealth Government Departments and ACT Government offices and services.
Marcus Clarke Street enables quick connections to Canberra’s major transport corridors to both northern and southern suburbs, as well as many nearby public transport links.
NDH purchased the land in 2005 and Lend Lease constructed the building in 2009.
The award winning Barrandi Centre is close to both the Canberra Centre and the entertainment and dining hub of New Acton
- 2010 – Australian Institute of Architects (ACT Chapter) John Andrews Award for Commercial Architecture 2010.
- 2011 – Property Council of Australia, national nomination for 2011 Innovation and Excellence Awards.
Major tenants include:
- National Health & Medical Research Council
- The Boston Consulting Group
- Address: 16 Marcus Clarke Street, Canberra, ACT 2601
- Block/Section: 1/92 CITY
- Area NLA: 8,134 m²
- Levels: 9
- Floor plates size: 1,014 m²
- Basement levels: 3
- Car parking: 90 secure basement spaces
- Bicycle parking: 28 secure basement & 10 visitor
- Amenities: Male and female showers and lockers in basement
- NABERS: 5 Star
- Green Star: 5 Star Design V2
- Water harvesting: 30,000L stormwater recycling
To find out more about this property please call our business partners KDN Group on 6230 6686.